1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Mohair, wool, cotton, alpaca. Eventually mixed with synthetic fibers.
2.what fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
100 % synthetic yarn.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have my hooks in a crocheted upright container. Made some similar ones for candles. My needles are in a a homemade thing too, but it doesn't work very well and especially the circular needles keep falling out. And (ahem) I keep needles in the projects I haven't finished.
A picture says more than a thousand words
How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
My mum taught me to knit when I was a little girl. But I didn't really start to knit or crochet until 1½ years ago. Have been doing it a lot since then.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
I don't like very scented things. My favourite scents are Green Tea and Sunflower by Elizabeth Arden. They are fresh and not too heavy.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Off course I have! Chocolate.....
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Crochet, cooking, baking, gardening (only in the spring and summer( april-sep).I kind of get fed up with it when we reach autumn) I once did papercutting. I like to fool around with computers and software too -but guess you can't call that a craft!!
Do you spin? No
8. What kind of music do you like?
Justin Timberland, Avril Lavigne, Christine Aguilera, Pink, Black eyes peas, etc
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes, I have an Ipod Nano. Computer palys it all.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Black, off white, dark green, blue.
Any colors you just can't stand? Pastels, orange, gold, purple.
10. What is your family situation? Married with 10 yo daughter and 5 yo son.
Do you have any pets? No, my husband is allergic to just about everything but me. But I love cats and I feed the birds in the garden (and sometimes the birds feed the cats too!)
11. Do you wear scarves yes, hats no, my kids do, mittens yes but hate to make them myself or ponchos no? Shawls too.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters and longsleeved t-shirts. Hats (crochet aswell), shawls (crochet). Squares..
13. What are you knitting right now? I have just started on a bolero in 50% black alpaca. I am thinking about joining a afghan square swap so I am working on a crochet square too. I prefer to do several things at the same time, although I know that can be very dangerous ;-). I am working on a black jacket too, a blue jacket/cardigan i 100% mohair and a sweater in light blue mohair. And squares......
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes, absolutely.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular whatever material.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? no, but looking for one.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? I have finished the front and back of a dark brown and off white cardigan. The pattern is quite complicated and I made it up myself. I showed it to my mum and she said it looked like a sweater for a man. That is 1½ years ago and I havn't touched it since....and probably never will!
18. What is your favorite holiday? them all
19. Is there anything that you collect? Not really "collect", but I like Cook books, electric kithchen devises, stuff for computers, and yarn off course. Love to use spices when I cook. Things for my hair (long)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Books on knitting and crochet, any yarn (will try to find links), square patterns, shawl patterns
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None, I have just unsubscribed a cooking magazine. I once subscribed a computer magazine too. I mainly use the internet for patterns. Would love som though!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? hmmm...I have just started doing afghan squares, both knitted and crochted, so basically I am ready for any new technique!!
22. Are you a sock knitter? No, but I am tempted. What are your foot measurements? EU 37, 24 cm.
23. When is your birthday? June 23rd 1971.